Monday, February 23, 2009

St. Thomas Aquinas Five Ways

I believe that the second "Way" (Causation of Existence) is the "worst" way in Aquinas's five ways. The "Way" states that when things exist they are caused (created ) by other things. Then it goes on to say that there can not be an endless string of objects causing other objects to exist. This statement is purely contradictory!!!! In order for things to exist and be created by other things they must have an endless chain of events causing existance. (birth)

Sadly I cannot say there is a best in The five ways of Aquinas. I do believe in God but, he gives examples and information of what he thinks is true without providing a solid stable foundation or evidence of proof...If he did not contradict himself then I would be more on his side...

1 comment:

  1. Who are you? You have nice blogs, but no identifying information. You will get 9/12 (not all blogs completed) for both weeks once I know who you are. E-mail me.

    ReplyDelete